Christians: ARe you a young earth or old earth creationist?

I was just curious. What are your reasons for believing what you do? Do you think science and the bible are compatable or contradictory according to whichever one you believe? Do you believe in evolution and do you think the bible comfirms or contradicts this? Do you believe the bible is the inspired word of God and is completely true? Tell me your thoughts.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe the bible is the inspired word of God. i am not a darwinist, but i believe in God-led "evolution" . i believe certain things have progressed or died off over the years, but i believe the Creator was ultimatly in charge of it all...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 7:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I believe the Bible is the word of God, the story of Genesis is the story of creation, and that it took about 7000 years. (A day is like a thousand years unto the Lord)

The Bible supports evolution of some sorts. Science supports the Bible. For some reason, we think that without furthur research, we as humans are supposed to be able to read the story told in the Bible and understand exactly what happened. We are so small minded. It is the fact that we are made in God's image that makes us want to look furthur into things, and makes us want to create.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I believe completely in the BIBLE but feel that so many people mis represent the BIBLE that is why it has a bad wrap. I believe that where the BIBLE touches on science (it is NOT A SCIENCE book) it had it right, The bible always said we were hanging upon nothing etc. Sir Issac Newton the GREATEST scientist believe in GOD and that was after Darwinisms theory was favored. And what is more funny to me is that Darwin BELIEVE in god himself. He just wanted to explain HOW GOD created the earth and his ideas have actually been dis proven by scientist but ...I think they can't let go of the idea of evolution because they don't want to have to answer to a HIGHER power.
    snowpeasmom

Answer by snowpeasmom at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009