Numbing lubes? (tmi)

I just had my first baby and my boyfriend is really getting impatient about not having sex yet. The doctor gaves us the go ahead but everytime we try i just end up in tears! I feel so bad for him because i know hes being faithful and i know alot of other guys my age (im 20,hes 22) wouldnt have been this way or as patient. Anyways has anyone ever tried numbing lube,ive heard of it used for anal but never for my problem. If you have used it, what did you think of it? Also does anyone know where i can buy it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I call bullsh*t!! Get outta here John!

I thought troll day was yesterday.
    Anonymous

• Honey, if it hurts, don't do it. That is your body's way of saying you haven't healed enough yet for sex. Ignoring (or masking) the pain and pressing ahead is a bad, bad idea in this situation. Using a numbing lube can result in further damage to your vagina and a prolonged recovery period. Some women just take longer to heal. I took 6 months and some medical inetrvention before sex was doable. Let me just say this... if your boyfriend can't handle this, then he's not a good mate. He should NOT want to hurt you so he can get off. No way, no how. I know it's frustrating for him, but tough doo-doo. You two can still have a sexual relationship without intercourse. To suggest that most guys, even at the age of 20, would cheat or leave a woman over this is untrue, and kind of sad.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• What? How is this OP a troll? I think this is a perfectly legit question, anon. Back off.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• huh?ok you can call bullsh*t all you want but im dead serious. I had a full epiziotomy and it hurts right where it healed so i thought maybe if i tried some kind of numbing lubricant on the area it might not hurt as bad!
    Anonymous

• Ah, the good old epis pain... Yes, that was my problem, too. How long since you gave birth? Have you spoken to your doctor about it? If the problem is that the wound is still unhealed, they can use something called silver nitrate to cauterize it. It hurts like hell, but only for a second. And, hey, it's nothing compared to childbirth. You can also try an estrogen cream to help speed your recovery. My doctor did both of those things for me, and it helped a lot.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yeah right, John. You owe me a beer. I caught you.
    Anonymous

• I have been there. I still don't feel normal everytime and I used to have pain frequently. What helps me is warming KY or the your+mine KY. It isn't numbing but it feels much better/easier with it.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ... and I didn't realize the wound was still open until I went to the doctor. He showed me with a mirror - I never would have guessed that was the case until he showed me.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ok anon, Grow up. Who honestly "calls bullshit" and as for calling people trolls... Its so immature,

Anyways... I think that taking things really slow at first is a must. Usually if it hurts, it means your not ready whether your doctor gave you the go ahead or not. I know its hard for your husband but he knows how much you have been through and should respect it. My husband was nagging at me 4 days after my csection and i was like MY GOODNESS. BACK OFF . lol.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 4:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• What kind of dumby would think this is a troll Q ?

I tore all the way past my cervix and still have trouble in this area 3+ years later. It is a legit question.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009