• In the Spotlight:

Any mommys on here selling Avon?

I was thinking about starting to until I finish college & wanted to know if it is worth is or how hard it is to get started.
My husband's grandmother buys TONS of Avon products & said I should but I don't know how it all works.
Any advice would be great!!!!

Mommy7907

Asked by Mommy7907 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I sell Avon. It can be frustrating at times, but after your first few campains you get the hang of it. You should go to youravon.com and find someone local... they can help you get started. Good luck and best wishes. My problem is I don't have enough customers.... I am trying to make up some flyers and cards to increase advertising in hopes that will help.
    BrisMom

Answer by BrisMom at 4:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I tried it, didn't do so well, didn't have many customers
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I tried as well but spent more then I sold!!
    I now work from home with a company and make great money!!
    www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome for more information
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 7:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i just got started again and what i did with co-workers and friends was have a avon party and tell your guest if they bring someone they will recieve a gift also your avon manager will help, just push it to everyone you see and talk to .......good luck
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I tried it and have an account to get my items at a discount; but I havent made money with it.I take my books to laundry mats, apartments,etc. It is worth a try I think.I still work at home, I just happen to make more with what I do now.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have been working from home for 3 years but not with Avon and I don't sell, just refer and receive commission and bonuses. Glad to help you out.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The question is....do you like AVON?? I have been a consultant (not Avon) since I was in college only because I used and LOVED the product since I was 13 years old. When you love the product, you tell everyone about it anyway, so you might as well get paid. PM me if you would like to know how I worked my business in college, it was great!!

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My mother is an Avon rep and I think she may be breaking even. My main concern with Avon is that these days, you can get the products nearly anywhere -- mall kioks, the MARK line in department stores etc. As previously stated, I think the main questions to consider here are:

- Do you have a personal interest or need for the products?
    - If there are inventory requirements, would you be OK with losing your investment if the products don't sell?
    - Are you comfortable with home parties, making deliveries, promoting your business, etc.? If not, are you willing to learn?

If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If you are looking to make some money, look at www.tgw247.com  This company is debt free and profitable. it is not a scam or a get rich quick thing.  Requires a desire to work. Excellent compensation plan.  Email me for further info jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2009