Navel Peircing?

So I've had 3 different people tell me its about time to take my belly ring out, but I know one of my friends kept in her entire pregnancy. Will it hurt anything???

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The worst it can do is stretch out the hole a little, there are some jewelers that make longer ones so that the skin can stretch over it instead of making it stretch the skin. I just took mine out because it wasn't comfortable for me, but that's just me, some women can keep them in with no problems.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• it wotn hurt anything no but some drs suggest you to take it out to avoid a possiblilty of tearing i had mine done back in high school and with my first i had it out at 25 weeks this one i took it out around 20 weeks cause my stomach got bigger fasster lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yea. they make maternity belly button rings. google it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ive still got mine and Im 41 weeks right now... Its really stretched but my Husband bought me a special pregnancy belly button ring that is longer and plastic so it bends (and the charms says "baby on board" awwww) and Ive been wearing that since christmas. I suppose as long as you still have a belly button it shouldnt be a problem.
    I did have a nurse at one of my appointments ask the doctor if I should take it out (kinda rude I thought but oh well) and he said nope, it was fine but I would have to take it out for the delivery in case of an emergency c-section, which is fine by me,
    Hope I helped, and you can google pregnancy belly button rings, there are a lot of sites you can buy them from!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 4:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009