What's a great first job for a 15yr old girl?

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 4:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • Volunteer work is best.

If her having a paying job is a must (which it shouldn't be at 15 years old) I would say something in fast food or retail.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• babysitting
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Customer service, like a restaraunt or retail, it teaches her how to work with people and do teamwork. Makes them outgoing and they learn responsibilty. When they get that check it's rewarding.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Fast Food. It is a great way to gain experience with people in all sorts of situations. Good luck.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Fast food or retail. Yes, the jobs really stink. That may help give her the incentive to get an education to get a better job in the future.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My daughter is hoping to work at Sea World next year when she turns 16. Hopefully something indoors - the TX heat is a killer.
    Anonymous

• My first job was when I was 16 and it was at the concession stand at the movie theatre. It was awesome, I loved it. Free movies, working with peers, and a paycheck that seemed simply MASSIVE at the time, LOL.

Only down side is that theatres, especially on the weekend, have late shows and clean up/break down time can be considerable. It was only a ten minute walk from my house and my parents picked me up at the end of my shift.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Something that gets her really dirty. In dirt is humility and what 15 year old doesn't need a little of that. Put in tobacco or work on a hog farm, cut grass, work at a plant nursery. Dirt stuff!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• grandmateen girlVolunteering or employed in a Senior Citizen Home.

granmommi

Answer by granmommi at 8:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Nursery i did when i was 15 i learned how to work with people and alot about plants too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009