I just gave birth a month ago, How do i tighten my skin up? Will tanning effect my skin in a bad way? i also have stetchmarks will the tanning effect it in a bad way?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 5:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course tanning isnt good for your skin. (iTs not good for scars either! )I have strech marks.... I tan @ the tanning bed. I think mine look better! I mean there not gonna go away anyhow without a tummy tuck... so im gonna keep tanning!!!!!! :) Try to eat right and do some cardio.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• you already posted a question you dont need to ask it again. if your stretch marks r red then tanning will make that area darker. it will stand out more. use coco butter creme and wait till the marks are white to help the marks go away. it wont hurt u if you tan but it will be more noticable
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 5:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I tan.. my strech marks are tan as well! lol seriously
    Anonymous

• excuse ms. saraelf. It isnt neccesary for you to be rude ! K Thanks. I didnt realize i asked the same question twice.
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 5:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

Whats wrong with her asking the same question?? Maybe today she can get some new advice for difff moms. Shes asking about something personal and showing her face. SO give her some credit. WOW ppl on here are just plain mean.. Hope you have a great day! I know I will,
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Thank you faithful78 :)
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Three different questions there.

"How do i tighten my skin up?"

To a certain degree, you CAN'T. Sorry..many changes are permanent. You can try exercise to tighten up the abs.

"Will tanning effect my skin in a bad way?"

Well, yeah. Melanoma is a pretty bad thing to get. Better to have stretch marks and saggy skin than cancer. **smile**

" i also have stetchmarks will the tanning effect it in a bad way?"

See above. Try a stretch mark cream instead. Or...plain old TIME. My stretch marks have disappeared, but it took years to get there. I dod NOTHING because I didn't care one way or the other; never wore bikinis, never will so no one would ever see them. DH doesn't care about 'em either.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Three different questions there.

"How do i tighten my skin up?"

Answer by gdiamante at 6:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i had a baby a month ago aswell and i got stretchmarks.. i have been tanning and noticed a HUGE difference. and it just makes you feel better in general.
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 6:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Stretch marks and stretched out skin don't go away without the help of a tummy tuck.doesn't matter how many situps you do or how healthy you eat....theyre there until you get them taken off.....sorry. and tanning isn't good for you anyway, but Im not sure if it affects stretch marks.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009