i think im pregnant but im not sure

i stopped taken my birth control about a month ago. i have been having sex since but with no condomns and my fiance has been ejaculating in me. this went on for about three weeks. i went and took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. the next day i started my period. it only lasted three days when normally it lasts about 7 or 8. ive been having really bad leg cramps and sharp pains in my stomach. i dont know if i am pregnant or not??

confused1819

Asked by confused1819 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to your doctor hon. He's the only one who can tell you for certain. Especially if you're having sharp abdomanal pain.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Probably not. Your period is probably just screwed up from the hormone change. But if you still have a feeling you are, test again.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Birth control will complete mess up your cycle sometimes. I've been off the pill for nearly TWO years, and my cycles are 40-60 days long, and completely irregular. Just now, within the last 3 cycles, have they begun to even out and shortened up.

Give it time, take a test, and maybe call your doctor about the sharp abdominal pains.

madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 5:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sounds like you're trying to get pregnant, so I'd test again or call the doctor about the abdominal pains. Sometimes there can be pains when the placenta is attaching to the uterus. Good luck.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 6:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I just took a test today cuz I had only spotting for one day. Mine was negative. My pds have been 6-7 days long. I am still on the pill. I am going to wait and see how my next one is then call about changing pills. I dont have abdominal pain. I thought it was weird I had no preg or pd symptoms and I usually really do this time of month. Nothing. I am just as confused as you are. Maybe our pills made us both so messed up...
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think it is just your body adjusting from coming off birth control. Of course there's always a possibility of pregnancy when you aren't on any kind of birth control. But I doubt that you are. Just be safe go in and see your doctor! Good luck in all you do!
    christinalwk

Answer by christinalwk at 6:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It does sound like you're trying to get preg. Get a test
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It could just be where you stopped taking your birth control.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I would definitley go to the doctor and just get a check up. I had a tubal pregnancy about 5 years ago, and it was very painful and not something that I'd ever wish on anyone! Better to be safe than sorry!
    smashlie59

Answer by smashlie59 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009