Where can I find a GOOD, inexpensive convertible crib and dresser and changing table??

I've been searching babys r us and target and the reviews arent that great.... does anyone have a set that is sturdy and below 400 (the crib) like the whole set around or below 1000 that they recomend?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 5:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• Walmart.com is an awesome shopping site - much better than the store!
    I've never been to the online Target site, but we went shopping in the store not too long ago and loved the furniture in the baby section - very lovely, stylish, and affordable. I bet their online store would have a much better variety.
    Stay away from the Kmart site - their stuff is el cheapo and they charge too much. They also have a small variety to choose from - very disappointing.
    We bought my granddaughter her 4-in-1 crib and mattress at walmart.com - both items were on sale and there was a shipping special for only 97-cents each. It cost around $196 for both items purchased and shipped to our home - well worth it! Easy to put together, easy to work, very sturdy, very beautiful! Take the reviews with a grain of salt because many of them were wrong about the color and workmanship.
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I did a lot of internet shopping myself. Target does have good furniture, I like it. It's really affordable too. I also got some from Wal Mart and I've been pretty happy with it. Really people can be picky on those reviews.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i bought my sons crib from target it is a 4 in 1 cribe for like 150. it espresso colored and it it g-r-e-a-t! i put it together myself in about 4 hours (this is only b/c i have two kids and no husband right now) but it works wondering, its strurdy and very handsome looking.i dont use a changing table i just use my lap or the bed. and for a dresser right now he has plastic storage stands and a organizer that i got from target as well for 25.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5446835
    This is what I have and I love it its the Ellis Crib 'n' Changer Combo
    Very sturdy, very stylish and my baby is a year old (30 inches in height) and still fits on the changing table.
    Babie4ka

Answer by Babie4ka at 6:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2009