Snotty teenage girls, would you pay big$$$ for your daughter to get her hair and nails done if she treated you like dirt?

As a hair stylist I can't tell you how many Mom's bring their teenage daughters in for exspenive services like extensions, colors, pedicures, acrylic nails and so on while their daughter is just rude, snotty and demanding towards them. It's awkward for me to see daughter telling mom to shut up, calling them dumb, stupid,or go away you bother me when mom is paying!! Even yelling at mom because she wants more than what can be afforded. It's even more uncomfortable to work on them for 3 hours while this is going on. As a mom of a teen, what would you do?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• not take her.. I tell you if my daughter disrespects me I won't do anything fun for her
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Well, I would have started training my child as a toddler that yelling at mom is not a very good idea with the hope that as a teen (s)/he would know better and this would not be an issue. So far, so good in my home. If that fails, give the brat a good smack, rip those extentions off, pop those acrylics way into the air, and kick her in the rear all the way to the car! Hope springs eternal!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Oh, one more thing, tell the inevitable person who butts in to say she'll call social services if you dare discipline your child, well, just offer to let her raise your brat for you if she thinks she can do so much better. Threaten me and the kid's yours!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ID TELL MY DAUGHTER TO GET A FREAKIN JOB, AND PAY FOR IT HERSELF....
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• LMAO IF she dared pull that she'd be cuttin her own hair for a year and paying for her own at home hair dye.

As it is we go twice a year to the "nice salon" for styles, colors and / or highlights. The rest of the year we go to greatclips (as long as I have a coupon if not we wait) and use hair dye from the store (only when I can get it free or for a dollar or less using coupons)

I did make a deal with her out of pure frustration over her table manners that if she improved them we'd get mani's from WALMART!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 8:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yea right i dont put up with snottiness. and im not payin for that if she wants it she can save her own money.
    Anonymous

• Thats rediculous. Theres no way. When I was growing up if I wanted anything I had to work for it and pay for it my self because we were so poor. And it defentally tought me responsibility, so theres no way I would. I would tell them to get a job.haha
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• First if one of my kids ever acted like that I would smack them upside their head and no I wouldn't pay for them to get their hair or nails done, they want it done they can get a job and pay for it themselves.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you are asking this question, you already know the answer. IMO, there is nothing wrong with lets say, having a day out and doing it WITH your daughter. But the snotty attitude wouldnt even get my daughter out the door. Maybe instead of beating her butt, which she probably does need (jk) explain calmly that "you're not going to be disrespectful to me" and tell her one of the biggest lessons she may ever learn ......... "you dont bite the hand that feeds you!"
    cksem

Answer by cksem at 7:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldnt do a damn thing!

I wouldnt reward her at all... I would do what I suppose to do.. Other than that she needs a job.. Because you work to HARD for your money to be disrespected by her..

What happen through the years????

Did you always let her have her way?

If so it has caught up and bit you in the butt.

Elizabeth1837

Answer by Elizabeth1837 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009