• In the Spotlight:

Help with Teething Baby!

My son is 9 1/2 months old and is FINALLY getting his first tooth...or at least i think so! I thought he was teething at 5 months but no teeth yet. I saw like a few weeks ago a dip in his gums with white under it. if you'd touch it it was indented. Now, it seems swollen and he gets so mad that its a FULL BLOWN CRY no whining. From you mom's do you think he is actually going to get a tooth?? also what is the best thing to help him through this? he seems so uncomfortable! I feel so bad, i just started giving him some teething tablets that seem to work but they help him sleep. What are some things I can help him with?

Borikaos

Asked by Borikaos at 5:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• let him chew on a clean, cold wet towel
    Anonymous

• Tylenol, cuddles, wet (or frozen) wash cloth, and endless amounts of frozen treats (think those mesh bags called Fresh feeders, I think you can get that at Walmart or Baby's R US or Target, can't remember with frozen fruit like strawberries or bananas) I haven't ever tried the teething tablets, but I did try the baby orajel one time with ods and I didn't care for it and neither did he.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• sounds like a tooth!! What I have found helped that was in a mag. was get a Crest Spinbrush electric toothbrush (soft head) and massge his gums with it...it softens the tissue and the tooth can pop thru easier....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2009