Why is my new Eureka vacuum spitting out debris?

I bought a $75 Eureka vacuum recently and it seems like every time I vacuum it's shooting out little pieces of kitty litter. It even does this after I've emptied it. I can't decide if it's just sucking stuff in and then spitting it out or if it's propelling debris that it hasn't had a chance to pick up yet. Know what's going on?

Lizzie_Angus

Asked by Lizzie_Angus at 5:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It sounds like it is clogged in the tube. I use a wire hanger to remove the clogs.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Mine does the same it was clogged. I un clogged it and now it only sucks uo and goes striat into the tube.... ITS not suppose to.
    Anonymous

• Pretty much every vacuum cleaner I've owned from day one till it's dying day would spit debris out if i'm vacumming on hard surfaces like wooden floors and linoleum. I just sweep with a broom and then use the vacuum hose to suck the dirt pile up.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Mine does this when the hose is clogged up as well. I use a clothes hanger straightened out to unclog mine and that usually works great
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My dirt devil and my other vaccume did this too. I only had the dirt devil for like a few months and was doing it and I paid about $80-90 for it.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 5:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009