Is this totally wrong?

My husband and I have talked about having another baby, but mostly we are complete with our awesome daughter. My husband said today that he would have another if he could guarantee its a girl... I kinda feel the same. I think boys and girls are very different, and I think a girl would fit us very well...not to mention we have a lot of crazy boys in our family. I know this sounds bad, but anyone else go through this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I don't think it's wrong to feel that way. But I do think that perhaps you are underestimating how much you might enjoy having a son. I wanted a girl so badly, and had a boy. Now that he's here, I wouldn't trade him for the world. I'd still like #2 to be a girl, but if we end up with two boys, I'd be thrilled with that.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No, it's not wrong, just silly IMO.
    You can't guarantee anything...what if the girl is a hardcore tomboy? What if she's completely different than what you think "fits?"
    Anonymous

• i have one of each a boy 15 and a girl 16. Boys are a bit more difficult to keep in line but he has his own special qualities that are adorable, just like my sweet angel daughter loves her BIG little brother more than anything they are very close and watch out for each other. I wouldn't have it any other way if I could chose! You get the best of both worlds. The key is don't forget old school rules and when he needs it whip his tail that gets their attention plus shows them you care about their behavior and them. IF you want another child keep an open mind if you have another baby either sex would be a blessing to your family. I have done it for them on my own no man to help me so if I can handle it you guys can for sure. Good luck!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I wanted all boys, i got 1 boy and 2 girls, and I would not trade them away for anything. A boy would fit you well too, you just don't know it yet.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Nothing's sure til 9 months later. Wonder of all the moms on cm how many were told one sex and baby was another? My oldest is a boy and younger two are girls and my husband has brothers and no sisters. I know for sure how crazy boys are. Trust me mommy girls are absolutely crazy as crazy as boys. Yours just isn't old enough yet. My second child, a girl and her little sister are both different - one is a tomboy and the other is totally a girly girl. My son who's the oldest is in tons of sports even quite grown up. If you have another baby planned or unplanned I'd count more on the baby instead of a son or daughter. My first daughter was the first girl born in my husband's family for over thirty years. My ob's staff was taking bets whether I'd have a boy or girl. Concentrate on baby. You'll go crazy if you don't get what you want, do you think? Would you keep having kids to get the sex you want?
    Anonymous

• I wanted a girl and all 3 times I got a boy... I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed... They are all so different and I wouldn't change a thing... We're done having children but I still wonder what it would be like to have a girl,lol Everything happens for a reason so I wouldn't want it any other way...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with everyone else.. I wouldn't say its wrong, because its how you both feel. But especially as a mother, I would want a son if I were you.. little boys love their mamas (my son is a total mama's boy). And as a father, I would think he would like to have a son too, to do all that manly stuff with him. But if you would be crushed to have a boy and having another baby is not worth the risk of having one, I guess don't risk it!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 6:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I certainly would be happy with a boy, but I feel bad for preferring a girl. I would be so excited with either. I just love my daughter so much, if only I could clone her lol.
    Anonymous