Where do you even begin with Adoption?

Me and the husband are sriously considering adoption from India, where do u even being with the process?? Any help would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Adoption

• http://india.adoption.com/

There's tons of info on the web.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I don't have any experience with international adoption, since we adopted our kids domestically. I just want to say don't get too overwhelmed with the process, because they will guide you through it. We did look at international, and the process is intimidating. You can do it, though.

Be prepared for the people who will criticize, saying "why don't you adopt a waiting child in America". That is a great thing to do, too, but those kids overseas are in orphanages with deplorable conditions. Just do what your heart tells you to do. Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We are starting our 2nd adoption from India. You would need to find a placing agency and a home study agency. Sometimes they are the same and sometimes not.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 3:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would look for an India adoption group on groups.yahoo.com Carefully research agencies and homestudy agencies. I had a spread sheet with questions and called agencies and wrote down all the answers from each agency and each question. Yes, they all have different answers. My daughter was born in Russia, and I was fortunate enough to be able to spend time in her birth country, which is a facinating and wonderful country. Some countries will let the child be brought here and you never travel, but I would recomend going there. It gave me the chance to tell her stories that I would have missed otherwise.

Good luck!!!
    7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 1:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2009