Rough housing to stop or not?

I have 2 little boys, one 5 and the other 3 years old, they like to rough house, and on many of those boo-boos. What’s your take on letting boy’s rough house? Is it in their nature? When is it out of control?

SouljahsWifey

Asked by SouljahsWifey at 5:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• DS and SS used to wrestle around all the time. They would sit on each other. Boo Boos happen but generally you can tell when it is getting out of hand.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Boys are known for "rough and tumble" play. I believe there should be limits. ...but let the boys play. Have them take it outside or clear away the furniture if they want to play like that. ...but make sure to explain to them that it is all in play, and if someone gets hurt that will end the play for the day, or session or whatever. Give them rules. Like no punching, no kicking, ect ect. ...whatever you think is best and necessary.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• shoot, my boy and girl do it. I think its okay as long as I'm watching to make sure it doesn't get to out of hand. I'll even move the furniture out of the way. 1. its soooo cute 2. I LOVED to rough house when I was a kid w/ my brother and cousin(s) and I actually think its kinda healthy physically and emotionally, as long as its kept safe.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009