What can you take for pain during pregnancy?

My son headbutted me in the cheek two days ago.It has hurt ever since and has given me a headache. I think he might have bruised the bone or sinuses.I have no visible bruise but it hurts like hell. I'm 7 months pregnant and so do you know anything I could take?

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 5:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• tylenol.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• acetametaphin (tylenol)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Tylenol. But I sort of wonder if you bled into your sinuses and that's why your head still hurts. You could try using a saline nasal rinse bottle or a neti pot to clean out your sinuses and see if that helps.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Tylenol.

If you have a regular family physican, I would call him/her up and tell him/her what happened, and they MAY (depending on their view on medication and pregnant women) be able to prescribe something stronger. If you don't have a family physican, your OB might be able to do the same, but they usually don't write prescriptions for anything not directly relatiing to your pregnancy.

I had two different doctors with both pregnancies, and both wrote me prescriptions for Tylenol 3.

Ice it down, and take Tylenol, that's about all I can recommend.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009