I don't know how he thinks this is reasonable....Vent!

my husband is acting foolish. He has been out of a job since right around Christmas time and has just been hired as a salesman. He doesn't even know if the job is going to work out yet, since he hasn't even started yet. The day he was told he was hired he was already looking for a new truck. We have a 7 month old and another on the way, and all he does is sit around and talk about what HE wants. I haven't thought about what I want in forever! Then, he buys a computer game and finds out that it will not work on either of our computers (we have a laptop and a desktop). So now he has decided that he is going to buy a new computer tower so he can play this game. How unreasonable is that? I told him that it was crazy but he doesn't think so. He is going to put it on his credit card. Is he being as unreasonable as I think or is it just me? Why does he have such crazy spending habits when we can't even pay our rent?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• You guys should check out Dave Ramsey online.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Need to have a serious talk because if anything breaks you 2 up it WILL be the money issues.
    Anonymous

• Yes, he is being very unreasonable. What you described reminds me of a teenager and his first job. He needs to make sure his responsibilities are taken care of before he splurges on unnecessary stuff. My DH is laid off right now, and it sucks. We often talk about things we want and kind of "window shop", but we know its not in the cards for us for a while!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• COMPLETELY unreasonable. To the point where I'd report his credit card stolen in order to slow him down.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If it doesn't stop, your marriage is in serious danger. You need to make this clear to him in a way that you are comfortable with. He has a family and it's time for him to review his priorities as a husband and father.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have told him all this stuff, but he doesn't seem to care! I have talked to him several times. He reminds me of a teenager too. I don't want my marriage to end over this, we are getting ready to have 2 babies and I want their dad to be around. What do I do?
    Anonymous

• oh that sounds like my husband to a degree. He's told our son who's still in college to get a credit card multiple times, he's wanted our son on our high limit credit card as an 18 year old. Finally he's paying the bills and he's lightened up seeing a little bit better what it takes to raise a family. It's men and their toys. They never out grow them especially in this computer age. Speak your mind firmly without anger, you need calm as much as possible being pregnant and with 1 child already. If you think he's going to be loud then wear earplugs when you talk to him, no kidding. Soft surroundings make for gentle encounters lots of times. I'd address this now even being pregnant cause the new baby will put even more pressure on your marriage. If he refuses to listen go to counselling.
    Anonymous

• yes he is being financially irresponsible

Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Very unreasonable... sounds like he might be depressed too.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2009