bottle in night time

My almost 7 month old is still not sleeping thru the night. He goes to bed pretty early (usually around 6:30). He usually wakes up between 1:30 and 3:00 for a bottle. I try to not give him one, but if I give him his paci and let him go back to sleep, he will be really restless and keep waking up until he gets one, then he will go back to sleep until about 5:30. I have been really trying to just not give him a bottle, but he acts so hungry. Plus, I am pregnant again and sooooo tired, so when he wakes me up I just want to give him what he wants so I can go back to sleep! What can I do to help him sleep thru the night?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 5:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• putting him to bed to early, how about you try 8 and give a bottle b4 then?
    Anonymous

• oh I don't put him to bed because I want to, he demands to go to bed that early because he won't sleep hardly during the day. I have tried to keep him up later but it never works.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 6:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• At this age, he technically IS sleeping through the night. It's a mere five hours. He's sleeping seven hours before waking...that';s normal.

you can do one of two things....put him down later or go to bed earlier. But don't expect him not to wake. In year one, sorry. That's not realistic.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• He sleeps better than most babies his age. I'd go ahead and let him have the bottle - since the sucking of the pacifier isn't working, he may very well be hungry. Kids go through growth spurts, both outside where you can see it and inside where you can't. Not to mention the mental growth spurts which also burn up calories.

Personally, if his bedtime and wakeup time works for you, I wouldn't try to shift it at all.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Oh, I am glad to hear that he sleeps better than most babies his age. It seems like everytime I hear someone talk about their baby and sleeping, they say they were sleeping 12 hours without waking at like 2 months. So I thought mine was waking up more than he should. It doesn't bother me to get up with him, I just thought he wasn't supposed to get a bottle at night after 6 months. But that helps a lot, thanks ladies!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 6:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• sleeping thru the night is 5 hours for a baby that age...maybe if you tried going to sleep when he does...and what's wrong with giving him a bottle?? If he's hungry then he should eat....My DD is 6 mo old and we co-sleep and she wakes up a couple times a nite and I BF her...it's easier than waking up every hour trying to get her to go back to sleep and it sounds like you need your rest.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If he's hungry, he's hungry. There's nothing you can do about it. Try putting more in the bottle, or cereal before bedtime routine.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• well he's probably restless b/c he is hungry and needs the bottle. are you a single mom? why doesn't your bf/husband help you out so that you can sleep? like trade off nights with who wakes up to feed him. i would try a little harder to have him sleep later, 6:30 is insanely early. my daughter is 9mths and still doesn't sleep that much at night (and she doesn't take normal daily naps) so you are lucky but i know it doesn't make it easy. i'm a single mom and what made it a little better for me (even if that meant ten extra minutes of sleep) is having her sleep with me, it's easier access lol, and she actually sleeps better...good luck :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Y don't you try giving him a bottle of water at night instead and I agreed with another answer he is going to bed way too early try keeping him up later
    Vickie1206

Answer by Vickie1206 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009