Is anyone here in a covenant marriage?

mamahud

Asked by mamahud at 6:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess so... there are only 2 reasons that we consider ok for a divorce. Abuse and/or cheating(repeated..not saying either of us have a cheat card we get to use..we would try to work through it the first time.)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 6:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I asked my husband but we just haven't done it.
    225mom

Answer by 225mom at 6:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• what's a covenant marriage?
    Anonymous

• oh and we did have pre-marital counseling
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 6:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My husband and I thought about it but we decided to go the traditonal way. That way if we didnt work out, Divorce would be a lot easier to go through. We wouldnt have to do counseling etc. Just to much involved for us.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 6:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Generally, when a couple decides to have a covenant marriage, they must attend premarital counseling before getting married. If their marriage is in trouble and they want to divorce, they have to seek counseling and wait for a longer period before a divorce is granted.
    (http://marriage.about.com/od/covenantmarriage/g/covenant.htm)
    mamahud

Answer by mamahud at 6:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i guess by the traditional meaning no but we feel we are in a covenant marriage cause we would never just give up on our marriage. also when we get sealed in the temple we are then taking that covenant for eternity
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009