have you lied about

having a "condom baby", when in reality you never actually used one when you got pregnant?

I lied to my mother about it. which is funny to me in retrospect because I am and was a grown woman at the time.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 6:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Speaking of condoms (my answer is no, by the way), my daughter was being questioned by the anesthesiologist prior to her c-section surgery and he asked if she had any allergies.
    When she said latex he said, "Obviously, that's why you're pregnant."
    We all burst out laughing, especially me and my daughter because she got pregnant from not using birth control at all - she "doesn't like it" and "doesn't like the feel of condoms." Good grief!
    But I had to share the funny.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• we're grown. our mothers have no right in our business. I lie to my mother about most everything because she's so demanding. what would you mother have done back then if she knew the truth?
    Anonymous

• No.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I did too. She is one of those parents that thinks that if you have to many kids you will neglect the older ones. She had 2, I am on #4. My husband and I both want a big family, and with the last 2 we have told her they were "ooops" pregnancies. She is relegious so we just told her that if God wanted me to quit having kids I wouldn't be pregnant again, she couldn't really argue with that. I dont see what busines it is of her's when she doesn't support them.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I did indeed, I lie to my mom about pretty much everything, It is just easier because she only hears what she wants to hear anyways. I lied because she seems to have thought that although I am married and both my husband and I have good careers (and mine I can do from home), I am 27 and she feels I am a young mother who has thrown away her life by having a child.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes i lied to my mother about this too!! with my first, second and third!! lol god knows why its not like i was 16 I was in college with my first and on my own supporting myself so they werent paying tuition or anything expences what so ever!! and i was 21 with my second and 23 with my third LOL crazy how intimidating moms can be!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No, I've never felt the need to lie about my babies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No. I didn't lie about it, and I have one.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009