I really dont know what this is and if I need to go to the ER or wait until Wed.

Ok I am suppose to be right at 7 weeks tomorrow. I woke up this morning and had some light pink bleding with it looks like a small blood clot or someting in it. I have not had anymore since about 8is this am. I was trying to see if anyone else has had this. I am scheduled to go in for my first sono on the 11th Wed. I was in the ER the first of the month with some slight cramps, but they did not see anything in my tubes or my uterus. I believe I was only a lil over 5 weeks. so any hlep will help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait til wednesday unless you bleed (enuff to soak a pad) more. In the meantime play it safe and put yourself on bedrest til then. Just in case.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If you are miscarrying (which it sounds like a chance you may be but you did stop bleeding so maybe not) there is nothing the ER can do about it and you will just have to sit there for nothing. It is up to you if you think the stress of not knowing outweighs sitting there and being poked on by ER dr's. Blood doesn't always mean miscarriage, but it is a ign of it also. Take it easy if you dont decide to go, and see if the bleeding stays gone with limited activity. Good luck, I am sorry you are having to go through this stress right now. I would call your DR first thing tomorrow either way though and see if they can get you in sooner, like tomorrow afternoon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'd call my ob and tell them I'm heading in what with the earlier difficulty. And make sure an ob examines you not just an e r doctor - even in the e r you can have an ob consult. And you can ask for an ob board certified physician to consult with not necessarily an intern ob or resident ob if that's your preference. God Bless, praying for you.
    Anonymous

• I'd say call your doctor, or whoever you have been seeing regularly. They'll know what's been going on in your pregnancy up to now. Talk to him/her and tell them what is going on. Your doctor can tell you what you should do, or whether or not you should head into the ER. Until then I'd say limit your activity to try and prevent any further bleeding. Good luck in all you do!
    christinalwk

Answer by christinalwk at 6:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• If you are miscarrying, there's nothing that the ER staff or your OB can do for you, since you're very early on. You can still go the ER if you feel like you need to be, but realize there's not going to be anything they can do to retain your pregnancy, if you are miscarrying.

Spotting or even light bleeding is a fairly common pregnancy complain in the first trimester. I had a little bleeding around 9 weeks with all three pregnancies, and have 2 healthy DD's (I'm pregnant now with my third).

If you haven't been passing any more clots and haven't been heavily bleeding, unless you need to, stay off your feet and take it easy until your appointment.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• The ER sucks at comfirming miscarriage. So you should just wait and at 7 weeks your doctor can send you for an ultrasound and see whats going on. You could always call tomorrow and try to get in before wednesday. Just tell them your symptoms.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'd call your OB! Any kind of blood during a pregnancy isn't a good thing. HOWEVER! Some women still have a weird bleeding for no reason... there wasn't to much blood, so it may not be anything at all... However, I think that you may want to call your OB before Wed... He may want you to come in sooner and see if you had a miscarriage. It doesn't sound like one to me, but then again, I'm not a doctor. I really hope that everything is okay!!!
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 10:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• A lot of people spot early on during pregnancy. Now the clot im not sure about. Could have just been some left overs your body was getting ride of. If you are miscarring they cant do anything about it, so I wouldnt go in unless you start hurting and just give your doc a call in the morning and see what they say they might want to see you sooner. Good luck. Ill hope for the best for you.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• could be a hemmorhage which sometimes bleeds out on it's own or the body absords the blood. Or u could miscarry. I bleed on and off for about 2 1/2mths. My baby is fine now at 22weeks.
    Anonymous