has anyone gone to Costa Rica?

When you did- did they say something about taking anti- malaria pills before your trip? I'm trying to figure out if we need to get them or not. We're going in 2 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Travel

• i have never been to costa rica (or anywhere else outside of us), but you hear a lot of horror stories. i say takem just to be safe.
    shai768

Answer by shai768 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I lived there for 12 yrs. it really depends on where you are going and instead of taking anti-malaria pills (which I've never heard of) they sell these pills that make your sweat .... sour I guess so mosquitoes (that carry the virus) won't bite you. If you are going downtown, your chances of getting it are slim to none, if you're going into the rain forest, I'd suggest the pills and off skintastic. have fun, it is amazingly and surprisingly beautiful !!

suej27

Answer by suej27 at 4:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009