tmi!!!

so im 35wks4d...and today i woke up sick to my stomach..i havent thrown up but im soo nauseous...and to make things better ive had such bad diarrhea today... im scared to fart cuz i feel like ill poop my pants... im having a lil cramps but nothing major... im just wondering if it could be preterm labor signs or just a bug!! should i be worried and head to l&d!?!!?

soon_2_be_mom09

Asked by soon_2_be_mom09 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it very well could be preterm, but they generally wont admit your to L&D unless you are in labour. Can you call your doctor or hospital for advice?
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Are your little cramps coming at intervals, or lasting a certain amounth of time? If they are I might at least call your Dr. I know the tummy stuff can be a signal that labor is starting, but as you pointed out, can be a tummy bug too. If your cramps are coming and going I might go ahead and go in if they dont stop in an hour or so. Also drink lots of water and go lay down if you can. Alot of preterm labor starts because mom is dehydrated. That is the first thing they will do in L&D is hydrate you.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• id call your dr i felt that way last week turned out to be a really bad bug if it would make you feel better tho go get chekced just to be safe good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• it could be your body getting ready for the labor!! ive heard that you body makes a laxative to clean out the system before labor haha seriously i read that! or a bug, i would wait a few hours and see how you feel.
    meathere1121

Answer by meathere1121 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• hey am going through the same thing but i go for week nst and they told me that it is a contraction but there baby one and there like braxon hicks i would call your doc and see whats up but you should be starting to get interals soon so good luck
    mommietomyfive

Answer by mommietomyfive at 8:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Pre-term labor is also usually accompanied by uterine cramping, which is different than abdominal cramping.

If you start passing blood or your mucus plug or something, then I would contact your doctor and head to L&D. Otherwise, it just might be a stomach bug.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• This happened to me. They kept me long enough to get me hydrated and sent me home.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Call your dr before you do anything I am not sure if it could be labor but you don't want to play with any kind of but so close to your due date, I would call your dr and get in to see them before you do anything
    Vickie1206

Answer by Vickie1206 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009