I just found out i was pregnant...but...

I was drinking about 4 - 5 days ago without knowing i was pregnant until today.. I am worried, do you think it did any harm to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A 1 time thing shouldn't harm anything. It is more the being hammered every day or several times in a short period. I wouldn't worry, With 2 of my pregnancies I found out withing aweek or so of New Years of corse after I had been drinking...Dr never batted an eye when I told him about it, just said to make sure I stopped.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• no it shouldnt you should be just fine i had drank alot of whiskey 3 weeks before i found out i was 7 weeks pregnant and my baby is just fine and im 33 weeks pregnant now i would still tell your dr but you should be just fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I was worried about that too, I had recently had a "party weekend" with my RHPS cast...it involved lots of drinks & party stuff.....thankfully, the doctor said that it wasnt enough to really matter & that our bodies are VERY forgiving to moments in that early of the pregnancy.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• There's no telling, but....its not gonna do any good to worry about it now. What's done is done, and you can't UNDO it, so worrying isn't going to do anything but stress you and your baby out.

I missed my whole first trimester and had a few weekends where I was drinking before I found out about a week and a half ago. Doesn't do me any good to worry about it now. All I can do now is make sure I do everything I can to make sure I have a healthy pregnancy from this point forward.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My doctor told me no. It will be okay.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I doubt that it did any harm to your baby. Many sources have said that if you did anything before being pregnant that the chances of it really harming the baby are very slim. However... dont just take my word, or anyones and assume. This would be something that you need to speak with your doctor about.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 10:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I should be just fine. My sister had her period the whole time and was 4 months along when she found out, and the doc said the baby should be ok. And she was. I wouldnt worry too much.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ooh that's pretty scary, I'm sure that would shake any mommy up. But your little one should be fine. I wouldn't get too worried about it, because one time shouldn't have an effect. Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's always exciting
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• you'll be fine!! i drank 4 or 5 times before i knew i was pregnant!! I had no pregnancy symptoms at all and my period was always irregular so i didnt think anything of it. i was also worried. but everything was perfectly fine!! its heavy drinking through out your pregnancy thats horrible. Drinking one or two times is nothing to worry about at all
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009