would it make me a bad mom

Theres an annual camping trip that i have been going on with friends since i was 17 its for a concert we always go to. i didnt go last yer because i was pg and this year we just found out the dates and its the weekend of my DDs first birthday! damn lol i cant go again. I plan on staying home (me and DH) and then having her party as we had planned but the thing is my older cousin (who is a stand in older bro) wont be able to come to her party cause of the trip (he goes also) and a few poeple we usually go with mentioned having her party the weekend before or after and it has me thinking. would it be horrible if i did that. Its a 2 day camping trip but i was thinking only go fri night to camp and come home saturday night after the show so i am here for sunday (her actual b-day) the reason we dont wanna have her parrty that day is cause its fathers day. would it make me selfish if i had it early cause of the trip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I don't think it would make you a bad mom! DD is not really even going to know it's her birthday! I think you'll be fine!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It sounds like some of the people that matter most won't be there either (at her birthday) unless it is on a different day, so I don't see a big deal. She won't know the difference, and you will still be celebrating with family and friends. Its not like you are gonna completely blow off her birthday altogether.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No, it will be fine, my kids rarely have their parties on the day of their actual birthday, it is usually the weekend after. But i do agree and would make sure you came home early to spend the day with her, she won't have another 1st b-day, it is something to treasure, even if you dont have her party then.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No,it is not going to make you a bad mom,a bad mom would'nt even have a party lol. I hardly ever got to have my girls parties on the day of their birthday ,for varies reasons.it does'nt matter. You can have her party anytime ,then you wont miss the camping,she needs to start now with the camping tradition,have fun.Get her a little cake to take on the trip,and have another little celebration,on her actual bday.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• NO I don't think so..You're still having her birthday party. It does make you a bad mom. I too know am leaving my 13 mo old with dad to go to my annual womens retreat from church so I know how you feel. I decided to do a different retreat so I'm closer to home and its shorter days too. I think ill miss her.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• to clarify she wont be on the camping trip....
    Anonymous

• that's ok too though. You still have a life, even though you have a baby! =) I dont feel like that but my DS is still little. hehe.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• babies that age only know something's going on cause of the stink every one else makes about it. Go and relax and enjoy yourself!! What concert is it?
    Anonymous

• Yeah it sounds kind of selfish to me, basically everything going on comes before her birthday? The camping trip and father's day both take precedence? True at that age she won't know the difference but it's pretty obvious this is going to be a lifelong thing, other stuff comes first, then her? Sucky.
    Anonymous

• i didnt day it did if you read properly you would see that i said i was staying home but considering going. no fathers day doesnt but i want people to be able to come celebrate. but for the person who asked its the Dave Matthews Band conert
    Anonymous