BE HONEST! If you saw this, what would you do?

If you saw an unattended baby in a carseat in a car on a hot day...what would you do?

Would you mind your own business and walk away, thinking their parent HAD to be nearby?

Would you call the police and wait until help arrived?

Would you search for the child's parent yourself?

Or would you bust the window and get the child out even if it meant property damages?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would stand by the car for one minute. If the parent didn't show up, I'd call 911 on my cell and wait until the police arrives. If the parent shows up before the police and leaves with the car, I would have already written their license plate number down to give to the police when they arrive.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think I would make sure the baby was still breathing and then call the police. If I saw the baby was not making any sounds I would break the window.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 7:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i would call the police and probably break the window forget the parents they obviously are stupid to leave their child in the car like that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'd glance around,and if I did'nt see someone with the child,Insurance would be buying them a new window,and I would open up a can of whoop ass on sombody.Ya don't mistreat children,or the elderly around me.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Honestly if I thought the baby had been in there a while and was suffering from the heat I would call 911 and tell them what I was doing while I brioke the window open and that they needed to get there right away. Other than that I have been in this situation and I stayed right next to the car, and called 911. I didn't leave the car untill the police got there, which took them about 15 minutes and the parents STILL hadn't gotten back! It wasn't hot though and the baby was asleep, or I may have broken it anyway.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Okay, try this one more time. If i saw that, I would check on the baby for a minute, see if it were breathing or making any movements. Then I would stand and wait a minute for the parent, if the parent didn't come, I would try the door see if it were open then call the police. If the door were locked I would brake the window and grab the baby. If the parent came before the police arrived, I'd ball the parent out and ask what the hell they were thinking in the first place! Tell them I waited for them and let them I called the cops on their a$$e$.
    Anonymous

• I would (and have) called 911 on my cell and reported it, and waited until the police arrived, rescued the child and found the parents and wrote them a big whopping ticket!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i'd call the cops, tell them they have 1 minute til i break the window to the car to get the child out. i'd call into the place the car was sitting if it was possible or feasible, but otherwise, after the 1 minute wait on the cops or security, I'd snatch that baby and go straight to the police dept, and the parents can sort it out there. Eff people like that!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i've been the one to call 911- so i think that answers the question- who the heck would leave a 2 year old in a car in a walmart parking lot? *sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Call the police, look around for an officer who may be in the same parking lot (ya never know) and break the window (all at the same time). A window not close to the baby of course. Then I'd kick that parents ass.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009