What do I do about my baby not drinking milk?

I have been breastfeeding and my daughter is now 9 months old, my body is about through, I am winging her off and so I want my daughter to drink infamil. I am trying it and she does not like it. What can I do about that and what else do I try?

LeTishia

Asked by LeTishia at 7:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mix your breast milk with a bit of the infamil. Gradually increase the percentage of infamil to breast milk until over a month's time until she is 100% infamil.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sounds like a smart baby you have there. Nothing but the best for her and good for her for knowing the difference! I would do your best to hang in there. You have made it so far and have done an amazing job. Why put her on something so inferior when you have the best right there? You only have 3 more months before you don't have to worry about formula YOU CAN DO IT!!! **Virtual Cheer** Go Mama!!! You can do this!!!

Anonymous

• Breasfed babies who are older (and even younger ones) generally devlop a preference for breastmilk. It has a different taste (sweeter and more like the foods you eat) so it has a flavor. Formula, in comparison, is just...gross. LOL

Since you're trying to wean her off the breast, how about pumping and giving her a bottle?
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Why not stick it our for another 3 months and skip the formula altogether? It will go by really fast!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009