uti question?

I have had one for a month now. Went to urgency care they put me on medicine for ten days didn't help. Went back in they never changed my medicine they said I would be ok. Thursday I went to my ob/gyn and they gave me a 3 day pill and today was my last day and I still have pain what could this mean? Has anyone had the medicine not work for you?

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• You may have something more severe than a UTI. If you had it for an extended period of time before seeking treatment for it, I could've 'graduated' into a kidney or bladder infection, either of which could put you in the hospital for a long time. They're fairly serious infections, and definitely nothing to mess around with.

You need to see your doctor tomorrow, or go back to the ER, tell them your patient history (as far the UTI goes) for the last month or so, and request that they do another test for a UTI and also for a bladder and/or kidney infection. You may need to be put on an IV so they can adminster stronger antibiotics if you do, in fact, only have a UTI.

At any rate, do not leave without some answers, and if you can't get them from the nurse, get the charge nurse. If you can't get any answers from the doctor in the ER, go over his/her head. GET ANSWERS AND DON'T LEAVE UNTIL YOU DO!
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009