What the worst type of animal your child ever tried to sneak home?

When I was seven month or so pregnant with my third baby, my son who was eight years old stuffed a whole bunch of tree frogs in his pants to sneak in to our car and bring home!! Did your kids ever try to sneak home an animal, were they successful and is it still a pet? At that time I was in a park with my kids and my mama antennae was on and something just told me to tell my son to empty his pockets and pants. Out came hopping and jumping a good eight to ten treefrogs!!! I couldn't run very fast being so pregnant so I just had to sit and watch them all!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is too little to do that but I used to sneak in kittens all the time when I was little.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Lizards lol he had it in his nightstand and when I went to put his stuff up b4 bed I freaked out!!
    Anonymous

• Caterpillars. He thought they were cool because he had them in all different colors and some were fuzzy etc...No he did not get to keep them
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Nothing sneaked in. But he was very excited about the big spider he caught. The spider was the size of a quarter, and he was holding it by one of the legs and very pleased with himself as he ran down the hall to show me. I managed to not shriek. I calmly bumped it out of his hand and caught it and released it outside. I didn't know what to say since I hate spiders. I think I made neutral comments about wow that was some spider! Like that.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My loveable sweet grandson loves all animals,when, he was 7 yrs. old, he found an old dried up half dead turtle, of course FRED died in about 3 days.The next thing he brought home was 2 baby white mices from school, he told the teacher,his GRANDMA loves mices, and wanted to take care of the mices for the weekend, you guessed it,only 1 of them made it back to school on MONDAY,and, no I didn't kill it,it just died.I told him,don't bring anything to me again, take all animals to his house.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Bmat

Kudos to you for being a cool mom!!! - I would have shrieked! Spiders and roaches are two things I can't stand! The spider can stay if it stays outside since it will eat other bugs but no not allowed in the house!! yuck!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• lol, my son is only two but I'm guilty of bring all sorts of animals home. A bird with a broken wing - I made my mom take it to the vet. Snakes, frogs, a hedgehog, coons, a opposum, plus dogs, cats turtles..... I wanted to bring home a water moccison ( poisonous snake) but my brothers grabbed me before it bit me. =) I hope my son is not like me!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• She didn't sneak anything in, but she tried eating/playing with some bug that looked like a cross between a millipede and a scorpion =x I almost died when I saw her holding it. She was only about 12 months old.. *sigh*
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My husband is the one who brings strange animals home. He's brought a baby flying squirrel (we still have it), a box turtle we've had for 10 years (it drinks iced tea), a baby bore hog with tusks. we kept it until it weighed over 100 pounds & released it into the wild, a baby skunk ( we had it deodorized & still have it) they all make great pets by the way!
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 10:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009