Why do my breasts FEEL like theyre not refilling?

I feed my 2 month old every 2-3 hours. She eats, burps, spits, poos, & pees normal. But they just dont feel like theyre filling up. Is this normal, should I worry. Can I help it?

luvMIIsk8rBoi

Asked by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 8:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• SIGNS YOUR MILK SUPPLY IS LOW.

1. You aren't changing wet diapers.

2. See #1.

3. See #1.

And so on.

Nothing else matters. I cannot be emphatic enough about this...too many moms misdiagnose themsleves as having a low supply when nothing is farther from the truth.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yes, call your ped.... same thing happned to me, and i wasnt producing enough milk, has she been weighed yet?
    Anonymous

• If your baby has a normal range of wet diapers, and is content when feeding, then there's nothing you need to do. Your body and your breasts are doing what they need to do.

You won't always feel your breasts fill up...this doesn't indicate a problem. Think of it this way: You don't feel your bladder filling up, but you know when its full and you gotta go, right?

.Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Your milk is probably just used to how much your LO eats. I remember worrying about that too, but as long as there's enough wet and poopy diapers and your daughter is content, then she's getting plenty.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I dien't feel like they were;nt being emptied and my baby wasnt emptying them, and not gaining weight, so they had to put her on a supllement, its very common, your milk suplly is proably low
    Anonymous

• as long has her weight is fine, its okay, thats a good judge on your milk
    Anonymous

• They're notr supposed to fill. Milk is made while you nurse. Congratulations, you've regulated perfectly. You're not supposed to feel them filling.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Anon 5:15, sounds like you got misdiagnosed. What your breasts feel like NEVER means anything. Just the number of dipes you change. That's it, NOTHING more.

• Please don't let others ring fear in your ears, low supply it is not. As Gdiamante has said COMPLETELY NORMAL and actually a wonderful milestone. Congratulations you are perfectly normal!

Anonymous

• this is the NORMAL course of events in the supply vs demand relationship that is nursing. when you initially begin producing milk, the human body produces enough to sustain three infants. over the following 6-10 weeks your supply will drop off to what your infant is using, this is NOT a low supply. the "fullness" you were feeling up until now is simple engorgement. as your baby has a growth spurt and nurses more, you may from time to time become engorged, or feel "full" until your supply levels out again. as long as the infant is producing regular BM's and having 6 or more wet diapers a day, you should relax and know that you do not need to do anything more than what you already are- providing your little one with the best any mother could. be wary of adding supplements, as this WILL cause your supply to drop off, and you'll have to work to rebuild it. supply vs demand. as long as you nurse frequently, there is always enough.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009