what kinds of rewards do u give ur child each they go potty????and for how long???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of junk that she'd love-stickers, treasure boxes, oh any thing - funny salt pepper shakers - any kind of cheap cheap fun. Oh don't potty train with bathroom that has wallpaper on it next to the toilet. My daughter pretty much unwallpapered that wall!!! I gave her prizes til she was till about six months till dry at night and days too After she got the hang of knowing when to potty I lengthened the time between prizes.
    Anonymous

• That's called bribery and is teaching your child that they'll get a prize everytime they do something good.

Just praise your child when they go potty and let them know that you're proud of them.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my daughter (2 yrs old) went into the bathroom by herself, set herself up on the potty, and told me to go away.

I went to the kitchen, and a few minute later she started to wimper "Mommy"', and when I came in, she went #2.
    She got something special for that, but only because it's the first time it happened.

We don't do the prizes or rewards really, but every once in a while we'll offer her something good to eat, like strawberries, or a small snack. But it's always healthy stuff.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• we had a sticker chart and it is not bribery. It is rewarding a child for becoming a big kid.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ME TELLING HIM HES A "BIG BOY" IS ALL THE PRAISE HE NEEDS....AND WANTS ALSO. YOU KNOW HOW MEN IS WITH THEIR PRIDE...SMILE
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We did a pee pee dance. Just an excited little jig, and clapped hands etc.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son would get a high five or hug and verbal praise. We tried a sticker chart early on, but when it was full, he tore it down and threw it away - he didn't care about the "reward" at the end. He apparently felt that consistent praise and a hug or high five was enough, especially since that has continued and a reward would have been only lasted a day.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• im currently potty training my almost 3 yr old..... im with the sticker chart.... it work for me!!!
    Anonymous