Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support question.

my husband is gonna have to start paying child support for a child that happened accidentally they were together 1 time and that was before i met him. she was bein all mean and saying she can take money from me because he doesnt work. anyways the only thing i found is if he owes back support and we file jointly she could get that. other than that shes full of BS and i cant stand her. shes just upset because im pregnant and me and him are married. i just wanna know if im right.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • u sound like u had this happen to u lol.and i told u he has a 3 yr old son who i love to death but this child was an accident. im not here to argue i wanted advice!!! and ur not helpin

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • First of all, act like an adult about this situation....Second of all, stay out of it. It's none of your business as to what is going on with your husbands child that he had before you. Just because you and him are expecting now, does not give you the right to play "nazi wife". Tell your lazy ass husband to get a damn job and take care of his responsibilities and make sure that you file your taxes seperately when the time comes.

    Answer by crdc91506 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • shut the f up he is MY husband so it is MY buisness. and chill the economy is bad. and honestly i wish he could just sign off his rights. he has a 3 yr old son too but thats a totally diff situation and im fine with that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

  • Are you serious? You want him to sign his rights over? That's selfish and pathetic. It sounds to me like you want your husband to pay 100% of his time with YOU and the child that you're expecting. Even IF he signs his rights over, he's still responsible for the back child support. Not only that, but MOST states will not allow him to sign his rights over, unless the mother of the child is married and the new husband is going to adopt the child.

    This is your husbands problem, and you need to stay out of it. The economy being "bad" is not an excuse for him to not take care of his responsibilities. He can go get a damn job at McDonalds, Burger King or even Walmart.

    Answer by crdc91506 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009