Have you ever read "A Child Called It" by Dave Pelzer?

It's the most graphic book about child abuse I've ever read! I had to struggle to finish this book. How could any mother treat a child this way?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 8:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• yes that book made me so sick i was crying thru the whole thing :(
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I did too. He has two books that follow up on the first one. All really good.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• that book was so sad. I read it in high school
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I have read the first three books that he wrote. I was so shocked to read about what his mother did to him. She was very cruel. I cannot believe that anyone to be that vicious to their child. He is definitely a survivor.
    Anonymous

• We read it in like middle school. Yes, it was very sad. I'm sure it would have been harder to read as a parent..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• They are having Kennedys class read it this year at school. I have not read it yet, but I will.
    amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I read all of his books. He is an amazing survivor. I also heard him speak at a Headstart workshop once. I can't imagine living the life he did. He chose to be a great parent stopping the cycle.
    sherry512

Answer by sherry512 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• yes, very very sad book , made me cry, and that is the only book that has ever made me cry. truly one of the greatest books i've read.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I Have met that man, as well as read his books.. He is a Survivor for sure. I Met him when I was 14 and He just made me appreciate everything. I couldn't even imagine what made her do that to him. Even with everything that he ahs been through he has the biggest heart and is just an amazing man. He took my mother and I out to lunch(she works for cps and he was speaking to the company as a whole) and we both just sat there with tears in our eyes and our jaws dropped in amazement.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 11:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes I read it in high school all three parts its a very good book well all three are very good
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009