my baby will only sleep propped up is this bad?

My baby will only sleep propped up either on my chest or up slightly on a soft pillow and sometimes i will let her sleep propped upward on my boppy.

I make sure her head and neck are not bent and she is comfortable.
Is this a bad idea to do?
she won't sleep any other way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not bad...just spoiled! lolololol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Not bad, as long as she is safe. The pillow makes me a little nervous. Does she have reflux or ear issues that might make being propped up more comfortable? They do make wedges that slip under a crib mattress to keep the head end at an incline. Or if you co-sleep, you can take a heavy comforter and fold it longways and put it under the head end of your own mattress.

EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 9:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my baby is the same way!
    Ebony83

Answer by Ebony83 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I agree with EiEio...I used a wedge with a little head pillow for my wee one and she liked it. The pillow kept her head propped up just so and the sides kept her from rolling around. She looked very comfy in it. I'd probably stop with the pillow unless it's for naps and you have her in your sight at all times.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 9:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• babies should sleep on their back, no pillows, or toys it's the safest way. The baby could suffocate!
    you must not let the baby out of your site if using a pillow or not his/her back.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• its only for naps not in the middleof night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009