is this bad?? answers THANKS@!!!

My baby will only sleep propped up either on my chest or up slightly on a soft pillow and sometimes i will let her sleep propped upward on my boppy.

I make sure her head and neck are not bent and she is comfortable.
Is this a bad idea to do?
she won't sleep any other way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nah, she knows how she is comfy. My son was the same way. Everyone preaches about crib death and stuff, some people swear the tummy is the best and others swear the back is the best. Do what works for you and your daughter.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ohh hun i feel you *hugs* when my son was born he refused sleep unless he was in his car seat so he would sleep in that in the livingroom with me. i called his doc and she said it was alright he just liked the sqwish feeling. ( i dont know ) but thats the ONLY way he would sleep, hes 3 now and has had no proublms due to him sleeping in his carseat i was worried about him devloping but all is good. doc said if thats were baby wants to sleep so be it.
    Anonymous

• not at all. It actually helps digestion and prevent spitting up
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My DD would only sleep on my chest for the first 3 weeks. =) It's cool. She lived hearing my heart beat for 9 months, 3 weeks of chest sleeping is fine by me! Plus, when else are you going to be this close to your child!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my son use to only want to sleep in his bouncer. From like three months till six all bouncer! Just make sure the baby can turn her head on her own so she doesnt suffocate! You want to stir away from big fluffy stuff.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• How old is your baby? It is probably fine, but smaller babies are at a risk for suffocation with pillows. Even the boppy has a warning not to let your infant sleep on it. There are baby wedges you can get for her crib I don't really know if they're safer or not though. If that's how she sleeps best then you just have to go with what works. Just check on her a lot and make sure she's doing okay.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009