I know its gross but I just a baby 4 months ago and cant stop having yeast infections

When I got pregnant I ended up with a Thyroid problem and yeast infections, my Dr. gave me some pills that took care of it, but the yeast infection came back a month later and now my son is 4 months old and I still get them every other week, I shower twice a day I keep my self clean I use over the counter yeast meds but nothing helps I'm tierd of it, does anyone no what to do cuz it's driving me crazy

looovemybabies

Asked by looovemybabies at 9:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• try eating yogurt. yeast infections means that there's too much bad bacteria and not enough good. yogurt puts the good bacteria back into your body. are you on antibiotics? those can make you have a yeast infection as well. if you douche, don't, they can cause YI's. go to www.webmd.com and search yeast infections, there's all kinds of articles on there, including tips to prevent them.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I was told by my doctor that the Ph in the vagina can change during and after pregnancy causing stuff like yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. The other thing is it may not be a yeast infection if over the counter stuff isn't working you may need anti biotics.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Please contact your Dr. right away! I can't stand it for you! How awful. It could be a continuing hormone imbalance among other things. So please call today!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• dont know if this applies but if you've been having sex, your husband may need to be treated. he can pass it back to you (although he will have no symptoms). you shouldnt have sex while you are treating the infection as well.
    Anonymous

• All of the above are good suggestions. But I'd try the yogurt and the prescription again.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009