Ever have turkey meatloaf?

I'm making some and I'm not sure how well it's gonna turn out. I don't eat beef so I've never made regular meatloaf or even eaten it, but I don't really think this is looking so good...lol. So, have you ever had turkey meatloaf? Liked it?

summerleigh

Asked by summerleigh at 9:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make it all the time. We don't do red meat very much. My husband LOVES it. How it comes out depends on what you put in it. Usually I just do BBQ sauce and some breadcrumbs, sometimes I throw in some other seasonings, but usually I am in a rush so it's whatever I can grab quickly! If it overcooks it might dry out.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• absolutely!! It is yummy!! do you need a recipe?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• We do one that is wrapped with proscuitto and pan seared. It also contains ricotta and a dash of nutmeg. It's delicious.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's the only way I make it, we don't buy beef. I use one egg, a pound of turkey, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic salt and top it with barbeque sauce and bake for an hour. It's so good.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 10:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I use ready made bread crumbs, not torn up pieces of bread; it makes it more solid.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 10:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• The recipe that I tried was similiar to coutterhill's 1lb turkey, 1 egg, worcestershire sauce, grnd mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, pieces of bread and in the oven for an hour. DH didn't want anything on top so I put ketchup on mine. I thought it was pretty good, the kids really liked it. Maybe I will try a different recipe next time.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 10:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I think I'll try it with ground mustard next time, summerleigh! Sounds good.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009