Please help, something wrong with my scalp!!

So I started to notice it about two weeks ago. The back of my scalp about where my ponytail is, there is this kinda sore ichy patch of scabs. Theyre prolly sore because ever since I have noticed I pick at it. And it also has a bit of a smell to it. I am freaking out. What the heck could this be and how do I fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Health

• do u put your hair up when its wet?
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 9:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Yes always. I have been wearing it up every day because it is too long and I havent had the time to do anything with it, so Ive been wearing it up like 6 out of 7 days of the week. And I was going to get it cut and dyed on tuesday, but now im scared to.
    Anonymous

• Dont worry about dying it i get these sores on my head its the beginging stages of alopecia areata (at least thats what i've been told) and dying my hair actually helps the sores for a while
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'd start drying your hair and talk to a dermatologist. Don't panic, could be the ponytail is all.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009