Please help, something wrong with my scalp!!

So I started to notice it about two weeks ago. The back of my scalp about where my ponytail is, there is this kinda sore ichy patch of scabs. Theyre prolly sore because ever since I have noticed I pick at it. And it also has a bit of a smell to it. I am freaking out. What the heck could this be and how do I fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's could be psoriasis, if it is they sell shampoos for it at every store.

lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sounds like you have a dry scalp. It doesn't always go all over the head and can look kike a serious medical condition. It itches really bad too. Try tea tree products. It's refreshing and stimulates circulation to the scalp producing healthy oils for the scalp. As a stylist I've used lots of products and I would say paul mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner with a scalp treatment in between might solve your problem. 95% of my clients don't have it anymore. Try it, but whatever you do, do not use medicated shampoos like head and shoulders, it will burn and aggrivate it even more. It's not dandruff. I'm telling you it's amazing stuff, it clears it up within one to two days! Then just maintain it with a tea tree shampoo and conditioner.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i would go to the dr. and have them look at it. never heard of anything like that before..and QUIT PICKING AT IT!!! You'll make it worse!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Sorry, i meant like not kike, typo, sorry!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It sounds like you had dry skin which you scratched and opened it up and then the scratch got infected (Based on the fact that it smells). The doc will give you an ointment to get rid of it. Have them swab it to make sure it's not MRSA. It could be a staph infection. You should really have it looked at.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It could be adult cradle cap. I get it all the time!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would try some of the above suggestions, but my suggestion is to not put your ponytail in that spot, but to let that area of your scalp "breathe" and heal. A ponytail in the same spot can hold sweat and dirt against your scalp, even if you shampoo every day.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009