is this normal?

My legs are swollen from my knees down to my toes, now I know swelling is normal in pregnancy especially at 35 weeks and 5days but I don't know if its normal to have edema, I have noticed that when I press on my legs or anything touches them they pit and its takes a few seconds for it to return to normal. I had pre-e with my last preg. and I had an emergency c-section at 36weeks so I don't know if I am just worrying to much or if I need to worry about it. I don't seem to have any major swelling anywhere else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My legs did the same thing when I was about 36 weeks. It may just be the weight. Wear flipflops or other light slip on shoes with loose socks.

But go to the doctor if it doesn't subside when you prop your feet up, or after a nights sleep. And also if your fingers or face start to swell CALL THE DOCTOR.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 9:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• call your doc, or go to the ER. It sounds pretty serious. Good Luck
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Could just be water, but I would call the doc in the morning just to be safe.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I would call your dr or OB unit at the hospital. it could be serious, better safe than sorry
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Well it can just be the stress of the added weight.. but with the fact that you had pre e with your last pregnancy i would be a little more concerned. It cant hurt to go to your ob..
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009