mom in need

whats a easy way to get a toddler off a cup like not havin to have it at nite

Mrs_Dewberry

Asked by Mrs_Dewberry at 9:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what kind of sippy is being used. my kids use a "big kid" cup for their rooms at night so they don't leak, because all kids get thirsty in the middle of the night. but i only fill it halfway up so no chances of accidents (peeing) happening while they sleep.

mine are ages 5 and 3 and durign the day they have regular adult plastic cups. they only get the no leaking cups for bed. i think this is a judgment call for each parent. and as long as it's not a bottle or one of the siipy cups with a straw or large spout but the ones like our own to go coffee cups i think they are fine and they help with letting them have some independence without me cleaning up spills and changing sheets every morning.
    amylynn91403

Answer by amylynn91403 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My baby girl YES, never really cared for it. My son took until he was 4.5..never really drinking from it but had to have it with him for bed.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 9:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's quite simple. Just don't give it to him/her at night. Out of sight, out of mine.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• she asks for it ... in the middle of the nite i want my cuppy its like her passy... I took the passy when she was 1..
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 10:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Well, you could make her/him throw them in the garbage. Thta's what my kid did and whenever he asked for his cup I would remind him the fact that he has thrown them away. After a couple of days he forgot about them completely.
    paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 12:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009