Did anyone have mucus like discharge in the first trimester and was it normal? it is clear and sometimes yellowish mainly when i wipe...

sorry i know tmi but im just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I also had a thicker discharge and it has a smell to it as well.
    TLCTLM

Answer by TLCTLM at 9:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I'm into my 2nd trimester and I still get it, it just isn't as heavy. I've heard it's normal all the way through pregnancy.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I went to the doctor last thursday and she said it is completely normal nothing to worry about.....it is very uncomfortable...
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It't normal =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Answered at 9:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 by:

TLCTL...
    I also had a thicker discharge and it has a smell to it as well.

Mee too. I don't like it!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 10:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• it's very normal. that's your private's way of getting rid of bacteria and any kind of junk that shouldn't be in there. my dr told me that it's better to have the discharge than not, because then you know your body is doing its job of making sure the impurities are flushed out.

gross, yes, and i've only got about 6wks left to my due date, and that discharge continuously got worse and worse. Pretty nasty, but I respect that I've got it and there's not something wrong with my immune system! ; )

Chin up, girl, it won't last forever!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• TLCTL and cass_pick... that very well could be a yeast infection. I'd never had one until I got pg, and my OB said they are different when you're pregnant as opposed to when you're not...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It's normal. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and I've had it each time. I recommend wearing pads or liners, I swear that stuff will eat your undies. Okay, maybe not, but it does get pretty damp and uncomfortable.

TLCTLM----I Thought I was the only one who could smell it. good to know I'm not
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I know mines not! I wondered if that was the case, and I've been checked twice since I found out I was pg (well, I found out at my yearly lol) and then at my first appt. I think it's not that it's really not any more smelly then normal then i'm just more sensitive to it.
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 10:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Heh yeah, it's normal. I got it too...and it DOES make your undies damp and icky feeling.

But if you notice it's more uncomfortable than normal or start to itch at all, go to you ObGyn. It could be a yeast infection, which will make you plenty miserable. Something you don't need right now, am I right? Yeast infections and bladder infections are fairly common in pregnant women. I got both during, and my Gyno treated them with safe prescriptions.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009