I am pregnant with my second child. My first baby I had 16 days before my due date. Can I expect to have this baby about two weeks early as well?

TLCTLM

Asked by TLCTLM at 9:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its hard to say. i think they say the 2nd is faster. my older sister was born 2 weeks late and I was born about 2 weeks early.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Probably not. My first was 4 weeks early, the second born on his due date.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I always thought two weeks before is still pretty much on time really not early if baby between five to six pounds and two weeks or later after due date is more overdue. For my three I was prepared to go early or late. Ended up 18 days past due with one, thought it was two weeks but was a bit more. Due May 18 delivered June 5. That was way too much past. Don't allow yourself to be more than 1 and half weeks late. i had a terrible infection being so late for my first baby and ended up hosp. for 10 days on ivs and oral meds. Way too long.
    Anonymous

• It's different for every person. My aunt had all three of her girls earlier with each one. ...but she had some uterours issues i guess.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my cousin had her first baby almost a month early. her second baby was early too. they were both fast deliveries too. her third baby though didnt seem in as big of a rush.

but there is nothing guaranteeing it either way. i would just plan on going full term that way you dont get antsy toward the end of your pregnancy.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• mine we all slower and slower. My 1st was 21 days early. my 2nd was 5 days early and my 3rd was on time
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• my 1st was a week early and my 2nd a week late..every pregnancy is different.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009