What is love? Is it enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think love his mutual respect, and full of sharing and caring. It is unconditional and fulfilling. If you do not feel like you get what you give or you give without getting your fair share in return and are feeling a "void" of sorts, then the relationship is unbalanced and there are issues that need to be discussed.

Bottom line if it works for you--however balanced or unbalanced, GREAT, but if your feeling distant to each other, there is a problem.

Men and women certainly have different definitions of love. People tend to forget that when you're dating and don't have many responsibilities (mortgage, children, having to provide for one another), things are fun and carefree. The problems "and wedges in the relationship" come from increasing responsibilities, and the kind of things you cannot foresee.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No, but it does help... ALOT! You also have to be strong and never give up in a relationship. You also have to understand that the other person can go through emotional things just like you...... Love, understanding, trust and courage are the keys to a lasting relationship.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I've found there can be love between two people that turns out totallly different. My husband thinks him working so hard to support us is enough to sustain us. To him that's love. We're not being sustained sadly.
    Anonymous

• hmmm.... it sounds hes a bit old fashion. with that kind of love... I don't know. My husbands love for is life to him... he can't live without it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It not just a word, it is kindness, patients, understanding,giving not just taking,. I will tell you what I do for my hb. When he comes I am waiting for him with dinner a clean house, and also I'm dressed, looking the best I can for that day. We always kiss and tell I miss you and love you.Than I ask , How was your day?
    Working hard for the family is Love. But if just spends the money on him self than it is not love.
    You have to give love so you can get it back. You want hugs you give hugs, simple. If you do nice things for him like, looking good, making a good meal tell him you love him and maybe tell him he looks good. He will start giving back.
    You have to think of him as a boyfriend and keep dating, it can be fun. It is not always 50-50, House wifes always give more. But we win by having a good man. Most important never take each other for granted.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• lorikeet speaks wisely. I concur

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Ive asked this before to... I honestly dont know I know what it is to love my children or my mom. Relationship love I am clueless about. Who knows...
    Anonymous

• Love in a marriage must be. You don't have to be "IN" love all the time but you must love him because it coincides with respect and both of those sustain relationships. Relationships are hard like LoriKeet said and I believe sexual desire ebbs and flows and what I've learned is that when you feel distant it is time to force yourself to "act" lovingly. Hug your SO even if you'd rather kick him. I don't know why but it works. Also, you cannot actually live off love, you need other things unfortunately.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Is love enough to make a relationship work? no. Because love has to come from both sides... and both couples have to fully understand what love really means. Love involves commitment, friendship, trust, respect, responsibility, and so much more. A lot of people confuse love with lust. Lust is a great thing, but only a small part of the package. Love is about the bond two people have, where both give equally, having that special connection and understanding. Is it always going to be easy? no. But when you love someone, it's worth working together through the thick and the thin. Like a marriage.. though sickness and health.. working together, loving together, committing together, trusting together... and so on.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2009