How many stay-at-home dads do you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Our closest friends are a couple where the father stays home and the mother goes to work. It's important for them to have one parent home with their six kids and the wife makes a lot more money. He's a great father.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 2:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't know any.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I know three. Two are work-from-home dads (one is a novelist, the other is a dentist with an office suite attached to their home), the other just wanted to be a SAHD because his wife is a very successful lawyer, and it works for them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I take my little one to the park often and I haven't seen any SAHD in a long time.

NewYorkCafemom

Answer by NewYorkCafemom at 10:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My husband for one. He took paternity leave and never looked back. I went to work four weeks after my son was born.
    Anonymous

• My DH was one. It didn't work for us- evidently being a sahd means spending advanced time with a PS2. We switched after the birth of my second.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• nada, I know of some that sit at home & don't work.
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 11:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• To lovingangels: your post is so cute you just made me laugh rolling on floor

Anonymous

• i dont know any. my SO is home now because of his back, but since he plans to go to work again as soon as all that is staightened out, i am also home most of the time. i work VERY part time and he gets unemployment. we work together. in the summer i will be starting school again.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• My DH is a SAHD. It works for us.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2009