I cant take it any more!!! How do I keep my curly hair from getting tangled?

And how do I get the tangles out when it does get tangled? I cried for an hour tonight while brushing the tangles out of my hair...help me!

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i use alot of conditioner and use leave in conditioner when you get out of the shower. it helps me.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I never brush curly hair!! The only thing I do is use conditioner in the shower and comb it through with a wide tooth comb. I never ever ever ever brush or comb it when it's dry (well okay- I do to pull it back into a pony tail....)
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Pantene pro v detangler spray works wonders for me. I have wavy hair with curls underneath in the back. It gets so tangled and knotted. I straighten my hair a lot because I hate the waviness and curls. All my friends with straight hair always say how they would love to have my hair but I want theirs lol
    Anonymous

• I use tons of Conditioner, AND when I brush it I NEVER use a round brush I use the flat brushes that are made to NOT tangle the hair, it helps a lot. You might also try a spray on leave in conditioner or something like Nexxus.
    Boothfamily

Answer by Boothfamily at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Okay I use a ton of pantene detangler and conditioner in the shower and leave in conditioner out of the shower. I have tried to use a wide tooth comb, but it just gets stuck and Im feel like I am going to break the teeth off of it, lol.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Wide tooth comb and infusium leave-in conditioner.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• You should not brush out your curly hair. Wash it, use a lot of conditioner and finger comb it while you are in the shower. Use good products for curly not cheap drug store stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I use Paul Mitchell Smoothing line.... and do not brush curly hair. It will take a week or so, but after you stop fighting your curls...they will find their natural beautiful place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Those who said not to brush curly hair are correct. Comb conditioner through after shampooing, this will take out the tangles easier and with less pain. Rinse and apply hair product of your choice but don't brush again. Don't rub your hair with a towel because it damages hair and causes breakage and split ends. Just press and squeeze with the towel or wrap your head with the towel and let it soak up the excess moisture. If you have to blow dry use a cool setting and lift and scrunch with your fingers and dry from the roots to avoid puff and frizz.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Try mark Curl Goddess Curling Line from Mark www.youravon.com/dhullum
    My hair tangles like crazy and is frizzy too! I love these products though they really help!
    The ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Anti-Frizz Capsules are great too. I have fine hair and they don't weigh it down which is nice! I feel your pain girl! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009