Does any one use the vent air bottles?

I have noticed that the bottom of my bottles leak sometimes and its really anoying. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem with these bottles?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 10:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used them for a little while and then they started to leak.
    I use the drop in now and I like them very much.
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• i use them. its just the plastic seal thing not being sealed right at the bottom. my first set came with extra little plastic bottom peices. after awhile i think they need to be thrown out because they got worn out. i dont have too much trouble with them leaking. every once in a while i will, but if i fix the plastic thing in the bottom or just switch it out, it works fine.

i dont know if they sell extra little plastic bottom peices seperately, but if they do i would just buy extras. good luck. hope it helps.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• By playtex? If you are talking about them. I hate them. The numbers wore off it a few weeks. They leak. And my son seems to gulp the bottle down in a matter of minutes. I've tried all the nipples. Slow, Fast, and Tri-cut, they all suck. I would never buy these bottles again. Dr. Brown bottles all the way.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 11:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I bought ever kind of bottle on the market and these are the only kind that didn't give my son colic, they can leak but like aly said its just the peice in the bottom placed incorrectly. I did have an issue with the numbers coming off in the dishwaser but by the time that happened I knew exactly where the marks should be... I love these bottles, they work great for me!
    rozey202

Answer by rozey202 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• ha ha. the numbers rubbed off on the second batch i bought....the foggy looking ones, but the original ones that are clear, havent rubbed off yet. so i know next time not to buy the ones that look foggy. my little girl eats slow. she is still using slow nipples and she is 8 months old. i tried the fast ones a couple time and it just went all over her. lol.

and they dont leak if you get the bottom part in right or replace it once it starts leaking. like i said, i have been using them for over months. and i know where my 6 oz. mark is now without the mark for the ones that wore off. its pretty easy. once you get use to it.

i know they arent for everyone, but i wouldnt want to switch this far into it. and just make sure you buy the clear ones if you dont want the numbers to wear off.

what is wrong with a baby gulping the bottle down? i figure a baby will eat at his or her own pace.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2009