braxton hicks

ok so i asked a question earlier about braxton hicks contractions and a lady kinda freaked me out because she said i shouldn't have more than 4 in an hour...is this true..i mean i get them alot now but they aren't really getting more intense within those hours..
I started getting them around the time of the super bowl and they have seemed to be more noticeable now than before..is that normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont freak out!! i used to get tons of them!!! I had them constantly all day long! I was worried something was wrong too but nothing was. If they get consistent and feel like youre going into labor then yeah thats a problem. but other then that its no big deal!!! every pregnancy is different and she shouldnt assume that its a bad thing that you have them. so no worries! youre fine! you can always talk with your doctor about it too!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Heh, if they are annoying you but you can't tell if they're getting stronger...then they're probably braxton hicks. I mean, unless you go through labor once you don't know that you'll KNOW when it's labor.

Oh..me and oh my, you will know.

But I also went to the ER when I thought I was in labor...and they sent me home. Better safe than sorry, and the hospital staff won't mind. It's what they do, ya know? ^_^ Always go to the doctors to make sure, don't wonder if you are bothering them...just go ahead and call.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2009