SO CONFUSED! I always thought the end of the 12 week was the start of the second trimester. It seems like every sight says something different now like end of 13 weeks, end of 14 weeks??? Why?

when is thestart of the second trimester. I'm 13 weeks 4 days and thought i was for the most part out of the woods for miscarriage. Now im freaked out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont' freak out. TRI-MESTER. if you divide 40 weeks into 3 parts. its 13.33 weeks for the first trimester, 26.66 for the second. at least that is the mathematical way to look at it.

I would say you are pretty safe. And you are probably entering your second trimester. Its all estimates anyway.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Wow, I've always thought it was 12 weeks as well. I've never heard of these 13 and 14 weeks as still the first trimester. I've definitely heard that after 12 weeks is when you start telling people because that's when you're out of that higher possibility to miscarry. Don't worry, though. Its sounds like you're well on your way to a happy, healthy baby
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• nope..its 13 as the first poster said..our pregnancies are 40 weeks.. not 36
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• go to babycenter.com and go under pregnancy it lists first, second, and third trimester and the weeks under each category.
    Anonymous

• 14 weeks starts trimester 2
    Anonymous