The Post-Baby Drought

My son just hit the 6month mark and suddenly I'm finding that during sex I can't seem to get wet and harder to get in the mood... which is not like me at all! I know this happens but was wondering when I'll get back to normal. Also, what lubricants work best in the mean time... I'm extremely sensitive and have tried astroglide once and got a bad reaction.. so I'm guessing I need something more neutral... Anyone have some ideas?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 11:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Umm, maybe your hormones are still wonky. Talk to your Dr.
    As for lube's I use KY Jelly, its the same kind the Dr uses at pap tests. Look for somehting water based. I have the same issue and the Ky works really well for me
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Are you still breastfeeding? My Dr. told me that breastfeeding will cause dryness and if I encounteredit to call him and he would give me a prescrition for something!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 11:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• KY is water based, try it. The mood can be any number of things but keeping up with baby and sex isn't that easy. You'll get it back.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Eros is wonderful. And I am allergic to practically everything else.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well most of the other women covered what best lube to use.. as for working on making the feelings come back.. it depends on some other things.. are you breastfeeding? or recently stopped? that can alter your sexual moods.. however it's something you will have to tolerate until you are willing to ween from breast feeding.. if you aren't... it could be due to a lot of things. Stress of having a new baby is probably up at the top of this list, and if you can get a babysitter for the night, is a easier fix. Just get a night out, get a motel room if you wish.. (jacuzzi rooms are great if your not finacially strapped).. if a motel is out of the question, think of your ultamite sex fantasy.. and work it into a magical night. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yeah I am still breastfeeding.. probably for a few more months... by then I won't have to worry about it too much.. my bf got orders to 29 Palms and I won't be moving out there with him until later in the year :(
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2009