any moms go over board with party favors for your childrens bdays?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used to - DS is turning 16 tomorrow, and now we just have a few friends over for pizza, cake and video games. But I used to spend soooo much on favor bags I would actually only tell hubby they were like half of what it really cost and he thought that was too much!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• It really adds up. A few weeks ago I realized I spent 100 bucks on goodie bags (for 12) kids. But that's too much. I also fibbed to my husband about it. Stickers cost a lot these days!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I deffinetly do, this year it was Ninja Turtles and I could'nt find it anywhere so I had to order most of it online, so I paid way to much for the goodie bags.
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 11:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• I gave a lot for my daughters birthday. But i only spent 23$
    Because i went to the dollar tree. Everything is a dollar.. they arent cheap toys for being favors.. but they wont last forever
    I thought i was pretty smart :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Not yet, (dd is only 8 months), but I plan on it!! My little pony party!!! Can't wait!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• YUP

LOL

Let's see this year I did miniature art easles with mini canvases and paints but also after they painted like mad women using their HANDS all over the basement (covered in plastic) I cut up a posterboard and gave them pieces of that too. (6 girls only) (canvas sets were $4 each and the basement project was $60 - so $14/e)

The year before I gave them mini dig cameras on keychains, and pretty picture frames (found em at a discount store theyr'e normally 20 bucks at bbb but got them for 2) and had them decorate the frames and I developed pics before they left. (10 girls) (this was about $20/each)

Another year we did favors with like a goodie BOX..you know the kind you keep your make up in, and filled it out with make up, nail polishes, hair clips earings etc. (8 girls) (This was $20/e)

I love to do it I really do...although this year with money being tight I think I'm limiting it to like $5/e.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• party favor overboard? yes yes yes. I love birthdays!! I go overboard with everything though. With my oldest for his 1st bday I rented the local park and rented a pony and petting zoo. It was alot of fun...last year i got a ball pit and moonbounce etc...

I like the dollar store idea that was good, mommyofAurora but they dont usually have theme favors :(
    KiLora_Gifts

Answer by KiLora_Gifts at 12:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hahaha im totally in the process of this right now..my daughters bday party is the first weekend of may..and i just finished booking the room at the local rec center ($130 for 2 hours, 20 kids) just bought all the invites, and goody bag bags..and started buying some stuff...yaaa its gonna be expensive..lol..but..the way i see it, is shes gonna be 5..and this is the first real bday party ive ever had for her...its always just been family..so..shes allowed to have it all this year! :) and holy crap IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! i totally cant wait!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh Lord yes...kids get a bag..like a tote bag fun of toys, games, etc. Maybe one piece of candy or so.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009